The host institutions have invested extensively in world-class equipment and facilities to provide an outstanding research environment. Our laboratories are equipped to a high standard, with specialist facilities for each area of research.
Research Centres and Facilities at the University of Sheffield
- The Mercury Centre for innovative materials manufacturing
- Advanced Metals Processing
- Sorby Centre for Electron Microscopy and Microanalysis
- X-ray Diffraction Research Facility
- The Quarrell Laboratory for manufacturing and heat treatment
You can take a virtual tour of the Department of Materials Science & Engineering here.
Research Centres and Facilities at the University of Manchester
Titan Transmission Electron Microscope